Motor Vehicle Form Information
We’re sorry to hear you’ve had an accident or loss. Our aim is to settle your claim as quickly as possible. You can help us do this by ensuring the enclosed claim form is completed promptly and that all questions are fully answered. If insufficient space, please attach a separate statement.
To ensure that repairs are underway quickly, you should obtain a quotation from a repairer. The quotation together with the completed claim form should be forwarded to us as soon as possible so we can advise your insurer and arrange for their assessor to inspect the damage. Provided the policy, claim form and quote are in order, repair work will be authorised without delay.
The information provided below may answer some of the questions which could arise following your claim:
- The excess must be paid to the repairer when you collect your car unless prior arrangements have been made with us. If the accident was clearly someone else’s fault, we will take recovery action against the person responsible for the accident and will include the amount of your excess. In the case of third party only cover, the excess must be paid to your Insurer at the time of submitting your claim.
- Your no claim discount will not be affected provided you are able to prove that some person other than you or the driver of the insured vehicle was totally responsible for the accident and you are able to advise us of the name and address of that person.
- If the other party involved in the accident has stated that you are being held responsible for the damage to the other vehicle or property, you should indicate that you will be lodging a claim with us and that any demands for compensation will be handled by your Insurer. Do not admit liability or make any offers or promises of payment without our consent.
- If you receive a letter of demand and a quotation and/or account for the repairs to another person’s vehicle or property, you must send this correspondence to us immediately. Any delays could result in additional costs.
- Even if you feel you were not responsible for the accident, do not ignore letters of demand from the other party. Any correspondence from the other party should be forwarded to us. If you fail to act on the other party’s letter of demand, it may result in a summons being served on you. If this happens, you must contact us immediately.
If you feel the repairs to your vehicle are unsatisfactory, you should discuss the problem with the repairer. If you are unable to reach agreement, then contact us. If you have any problems during the period of your claim, please contact us and quote your claim number if you know it. We assure you of prompt attention to any queries you may have.
The Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) requires Action Insurance Brokers to make the following disclosure before collecting
personal information about you after 21 December 2001:
- Action Insurance Brokers collects personal information in order to provide it’s various services which include insurance broking, claims management, risk management consultancy, underwriting management, and reinsurance.
- If the personal information Action Insurance Brokers requests from you is not provided, Action Insurance Brokers or any involved third party may not be able to provide the appropriate services.
- Action Insurance Brokers discloses personal information to third parties who are involved in the provision of our services. For example, in arranging and managing your insurance needs Action Insurance Brokers may provide information (including sensitive information such as health information) to insurers, reinsurers, other insurance intermediaries, it’s advisors such as loss adjusters, lawyers and accountants, and other parties involved in the claims handling process. By signing this form and and continuing to deal with us, you confirm on your behalf and/or on behalf of those you represent consent to Action Insurance Brokers and these parties collecting, using and disclosing personal and sensitive information about you.
- Action Insurance Brokers has a duty to maintain the confidentiality of it’s client’s affairs which includes their personal information. Our duty of confidentiality applies except where disclosure of your personal information is with your consent or required by law.
- Action Insurance Brokers may make use of your personal information to provide you with information about it’s products and services